Artefakty rzymskie w Polsce (metale i szkło)

Literatura poszukiwawcza, historyczna, przygodowa

Moderator: Andrew

Awatar użytkownika
Heniek

Artefakty rzymskie w Polsce (metale i szkło)

Post autor: Heniek »

Finds of Roman Imports in the Areas of the Ancient Iron‐smelting Centers in Poland. Catalogue
by Iwona Kowalczyk-Mizerakowska

ISBN 978-83-7507-281-5
Semper Publishers, Warsaw 2019
Size A4, 293 pages, book with a CD

The volume is an extensive catalogue of so‐called “imports”, Roman artifacts that had made their way to the territories of two ancient iron‐smelting centers, now inside the Polish borders, in the Świętokrzyskie and Mazowieckie regions, identified by archaeologists investigating ancient ironworking. It is more, however, than a standard catalogue of finds recorded from a given area. The said two centers are rather distant from one another, hence the form of the presentation of the source material, which takes into account a number of different factors: territorial (two different iron‐smelting provinces), products of clear Roman origin (coins, bulk goods), the archaeological context in which these artifacts were discovered. With regard to bulk goods, the material was classified by category: glass vessels, glass beads, terra sigillata, clay vessels, weaponry items, metal vessels, fibulae, etc.

Obrazek

stosowny link

Obrazek

Table of Contents

From the Editor
Preface
Introduction
Catalogue structure
Cited catalogues and corpora
Collections
Abbreviations used in the catalogue
Denominations

Part I. Catalogue

Świętokrzyskie Iron‐smelting Center
Finds of Roman coins
Finds of Roman imported goods
Mazowieckie Iron‐smelting Center
Finds of Roman coins
Finds of Roman imported goods
List of maps
Maps
List of plates
Plates

Part II. Finds of Roman imports in areas of the ancient iron‐smelting centers

I. Świętokrzyskie Iron‐smelting Center
II. Mazowieckie Iron‐smelting Center
III. Conclusions

Bibliography

Appendix

Marcin Biborski, Mateusz Biborski, Janusz Stępiński, Werkstofftechnische und metallographische Untersuchungen an Bewa nungsteilen aus dem reich ausgestatteten Kriegergrab der Przeworsk‐Kultur von Sandomierz‐Krakówka

Summary: Material and technological research of weapon components from a well‐equipped grave of the Przeworsk culture warrior from Sandomierz‐Krakówka

#coins, #glass vessels, #glass beads, #terra sigillata, #clay vessels, #weaponry items, #metal vessels, #fibulae
ODPOWIEDZ