Wątki bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne wątki Teraz jest 22 lis 2019, o 16:50

Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 1 ] 
BEREA, Ohio - On one knee and far from the action, quarterb 
Autor Wiadomość

Post BEREA, Ohio - On one knee and far from the action, quarterb
BEREA, Ohio - On one knee and far from the action, quarterback Johnny Manziel leaned on his orange helmet and watched. Adidas NMD Black And White . This is his new position. As Browns starter Brian Hoyer worked with Clevelands first-team offence during 11-on-11 drills Thursday, Manziel, for now relegated to the second string, observed from the side. He took mental notes as he waited for his turn. This rookie has been no sensation. Hes not ready to start. Meet Johnny Backup. Failing to make any magic happen in his first two NFL preseason games and unable to close the gap enough to beat out Hoyer, Manziel will begin the season as Clevelands No. 2 quarterback, matching his uniform number. Its not a major surprise given hes had to learn a complex offence and he entered training camp behind Hoyer. But Manziels inability to leap-frog Hoyer, a journeyman who has made four career starts and is coming off knee surgery, shows the jump from college to pros is gargantuan — even for Johnny Football. "Obviously I didnt want this to be the outcome," Manziel said. "But at the same time, I didnt necessarily feel I was ready, I felt like there were steps that I needed to take, and I need to take, to get better." Manziel has shown flashes, just not enough. Still, the Browns have seen promise in him, and Manziels immense fan base now has members inside Clevelands locker room. "We got arguably the best No. 2 in the NFL," said wide receiver Nate Burleson. "Im a Johnny Football fan. Not only was I a fan before he got here, but now hes family because we play for the same team. Ill always be in his corner." Manziel has improved in recent weeks. Hes got a much better grasp on offensive co-ordinator Kyle Shanahans playbook and its tongue-twisting verbiage; some plays contain 17 words. Hes made better decisions with the ball, and hes won over some skeptical teammates with a solid work ethic and humble attitude. Trouble is, Manziel may have damaged his chances to win the starting job before camp with his well-documented partying. The photos of Manziel chugging champagne while floating on an inflatable swan, talking into a phone made of money, and rolling a dollar bill in a bathroom brought him unwanted attention. The Browns were privately concerned about Manziels behaviour and warned him about it. He obliged, but had two recent missteps: being late for a team meeting and flipping his middle finger at the Redskins sideline Monday night on national TV. The gesture, relatively harmless compared to other things than go on during a game, may have reinforced the belief of coach Mike Pettine and his staff that Manziel wasnt prepared mentally or physically to face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sept. 7. Sitting and waiting is nothing new for Manziel. He was so far behind when he got to Texas A&M that the Aggies redshirted him as a freshman. It wasnt long, though, before he was the big man on campus and quickly the biggest name in college football, a one-man scrambling highlights machine. Manziel, who has completed 14 of 27 passes for 128 yards and a touchdown, said nothing has surprised him so far. "Its exactly what I thought it would be," he said. "I knew it would be a big step, a big learning process. If people would have seen me my first year at A&M they wouldve said no way this kid could get to where Im at today. People dont understand that my first year-and-a-half at A&M I was terrible. "I just continued to try and get better, learn the playbook, got more comfortable around everybody, around the coaches with the system, and then good things happened for me." Pettine said there wont be a "leash" on Hoyer, who will get an opportunity to take the job and run with it. But the Browns difficult early schedule — theyll host New Orleans and Baltimore after facing the Steelers — could make things interesting if theyre 0-3 or 1-2 at the bye week. Manziel isnt the first prominent rookie to take a back seat in Year 1. Hell find his path, and knowing Manziel, it wont be a straight one. "You dont have to come in from your first day of your rookie season and play right away," he said. "Theres no exact guideline to how this process works with young quarterbacks. For me, I need to continue to do what I need to do to get better as a football player, get smarter and learn more, control what I can control and everything will work out fine for me." NOTES: Pettine plans to play his starters most of the first half against St. Louis on Saturday. Pettine is also leaning toward his starters playing in the exhibition finale against Chicago. ... Pettine said WR Josh Gordons pending NFL suspension has weighed on the Pro Bowler. "He wants to get on with it and move forward," Pettine said. "Just being in limbo for so long, it can be draining." ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Fake NMD R2 . The team said Saturday that the 36-year-old Robidas is expected to miss four to six months, jeopardizing his return this season. He was injured when he slid hard into the boards in the second period of a 2-1 shootout loss to Chicago on Friday. Adidas NMD R2 Cheap . Gorges is believed to have suffered the injury while blocking a shot with a hand during Montreals win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday. The Canadiens added to their defensive depth this week by acquiring veteran Mike Weaver from the Florida Panthers. http://www.cheapnmdonline.com/wholesale-adidas-nmd-human-race-china.html . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs.Canadas world junior team takes to the ice this morning for the first of three pre-competition games when they take on Finland. The game is currently delayed due to poor ice conditions. The teams are targeting an 11am et/8am pt puck drop. When the action resumes, you can catch it live on TSN and get in-game video highlights on TSN.ca and TSN Mobile. Halifax Mooseheads goaltender Zac Fucale, a 2013 draft pick of the Montreal Canadiens, gets the call in net for Canada with Saginaw Spirit netminder Jake Paterson, who was on last years team, backing him up. Team Canada coach Brent Sutter still needs to cut three players from his 25-man roster (two defencemen and a forward), and these three exhibition games could prove critical as to which bubble players make it past the final cut. Injuries, of course, will also play a factor into Sutters decision. "Theyre not easy decisions, but the reality is weve got a couple-or-three guys banged up and were not exactly sure," said Sutter earlier this week. While Mooseheads star and Canadian alternate captain Jonathan Drouin has practiced with the team, hes not expected to play in Fridays matchup. Drouin was concussed in a game on Dec. 66 against the Quebec Remparts when he was hit from behind into the boards by Adam Erne. Adidas NMD Clearance Sale. . The Finns will provide a stiff test for captain Scott Laughton and the rest of Team Canada. The Finnish camp features six returning players from last years tournament, as well as 10 players already selected in the NHL Draft, including a pair of Nashville Predators goaltending prospects in Janne Juvonen and Juuse Saros, both taken in this past Junes draft. Just as Canada is lacking four of its five eligible players from the NHL (Minnesota Wild defenceman Mathew Dumba being the only of the quintet at the selection camp) the Finns are missing their two qualified players in Florida Panthers forward Alexsander Barkov and defenceman Olli Maatta of the Pittsburgh Penguins. The player to watch on Finland might just be the son of a former NHL All-Star. Kasperi Kapanen, son of Sami Kapanen, is currently the top-ranked European skater for the 2014 NHL Draft. The KalPa forward is a highly regarded goal scorer with good hockey sense. After Fridays matchup, Canada next does battle with Sweden on Sunday before finishing up the exhibition schedule with a Monday game against Switzerland. ' ' '

8 lis 2019, o 10:30
Zobacz profil Wyślij e-mail
Odpowiedz w wątku   [ Posty: 1 ]